What is Broadband
Broadband is a term refers to the wide bandwidth characteristics of a transmission medium and its ability to transport multiple signals and traffic types simultaneously. It is also a high-speed internet access that is always on and faster than the traditional dial-up access.
Types of Broadband
This includes several high-speed transmission technologies
* Digital Subscriber Line (DSL): Broadband DSL is a wireline transmission technology that transmits data faster over traditional copper telephone lines already installed to homes and businesses. DSL-based broadband provides transmission speeds ranging from several hundred Kbps to millions of bits per second.
* Fiber: Fiber optic technology converts electrical signals carrying data to light and sends the light through transparent glass fibers about the diameter of a human hair. Fiber transmits data at speeds far exceeding current DSL or cable modem speeds, typically by tens or even hundreds of Mbps.
* Cable Modem: Cable modem service enables cable operators to offer broadband using the same coaxial cables that deliver pictures and sound to your TV set.
* Satellite: Satellite broadband is another form of wireless broadband, and is also useful for serving remote or sparsely populated areas.
Downstream and upstream speeds for satellite broadband depend on several factors, including the provider and service package purchased, the consumer’s line of sight to the orbiting satellite, and the weather.
* Wireless: Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) offer wireless broadband access over shorter distances and are often used to extend the reach of a “last-mile” wire line or fixed wireless broadband connection within a home, building, or campus environment. Wi-Fi networks use unlicensed devices and can be designed for private access within a home or business, or be used for public Internet access at “hot spots” such as restaurants, coffee shops, hotels, airports, convention centers, and city parks.
* Broadband Over Powerline (BPL): BPL is an emerging technology that is available in very limited areas. It has significant potential because power lines are installed almost everywhere, alleviating the need to build new broadband facilities for every customer.
Top Broadband Internet Service Provider in United State
Atlantic Broadband: This is a vibrant company providing the best TV, Phone services, and Internet services to some select United State markets, the company regarded as the 13th largest United State cable company wholly owned by a subsidiary media company of Canada with their headquarters in Quincy, Massachusetts USA. Atlantic Broadband has over 600 employers and 230,000 subscribers. They have four primary operating regions in South Carolina, Central Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Florida.
Atlantic Broadband main mission
Dedicated to giving the Americans responsive local services and access to excellent entertainment delivering on crazy fast internet speeds.
AT&T Internet Services: This is the company providing the att.net consumer web portal & information service and the AT&T Yahoo internet service. This company through att.net portal has a customizable web-based content including news, weather, sports, email, applications, entertainment, product and services. att.net was created as a web portal in support of AT&T Worldnet: a dial-up internet service.
AT&T Yahoo is an information services a high-speed service offered to customers who receive telephone service from AT&T in their service areas.
Comcast: This is the largest media and communications company in the World. The company has the largest cable company and internet service provider in the United States making them the 3rd largest home telephone service provider. Comcast services residential and commercial customers in 40 United State states and the District of Columbia.
Services and Product of Comcast Broadband Provider
* The company is the owner of the international media company NBC Universal.
* Producer of film and television contents.
* Operation of cable channels (E! Entertainment Television, the Golf Channel, and NBCSN)
* Major film studio Universal Pictures
* United States national channels ( NBC and Telemundo)
* Universal Parks & Resorts.
Armstrong Zoom: This is a company owned by Armstrong group of companies, the major northerneastern Cable, Telecommunications, and Internet Service Provider with their operating office in Pennisylvania, West Virginia, New York, Ohio, Kentucky, and Maryland. The company is ranked among the 15 largest multi-system broadband operators in the United States.
Armstrong zoom is best known for its digital cable services commonly in television, telephone, and high-speed internet broadband service.
Top Services Offered By Armstrong Zoom Broadband Provider
* Armstrong Zoom Internet
* Armstrong Cable
* Armstrong Cable Telephone
* Armstrong Telephone Company
Cablevision: This is an American Internet broadband service provider to areas surrounding New York City. The company is the eight largest cable provider in the United States with most of its customers residing in New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and parts of Pennsylvania. Cable vision is offering high-speed intersection connections (Optimum Online), VoIP (Optimum Voice) phone service, and Digital cable (Optimum TV).
CenturyLink: An American multinational communications company having it headquarters in Monroe, Louisiana proving communications and data services to Individuals, Business organizationws, Government establishment, and wholesale customers. CenturyLink also provides long distance service.
Services Offered by CenturyLink
* Voice and data communications
* Television and home security services
* Fiber optic based IPTV service
* Bundling with Verizon Wireless
Mediacom: This is a cable television and communications provider company in the United States covering 22 states of United States making it the largest cable company in Iowa and second largest in Illinois. Mediacom is broadcasting local sports programming on its connections channel MC22 along with a simulcast of ESPNEWS.
Time Warner Cable: This company formerly known as Warner cable Communications (Time Warner) is the American cable telecommunications company that operates in 29 states and has 31 operating divisions. Time Warner Cable is the second largest cable company in the United State behind Comcast. The company is serving customers in the following states: Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin, Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri.
Time Warner Cable owns several local news and sports channel. The services the
company offering includes; Digital cable, Digital Phone, and cable broadband.
This company is wholly owned subsidiary of Verizon Communication Inc. provider of wireless services to 122 million subscribers. The company was originally a joint venture of American telecommunications firm Bell Atlantic, which would soon become Verizon Communications, and global British telecommunications company Vodafone. Which would soon become Verizon Communications, and global British telecommunications company Vodafone.
Verizon is one of two major United States carries that use CDMA2000, supporting 3 generations of CDMA-based cellular network technologies in addition to 4G connectivity. The company is offering voice services as well as 3G data services such as Wireless broadband base on EV-DO Rev A, text and picture messaging, over-the-air downloadable applications and content from its Media Center.
Sonic.net: This is a company that began as an effort to bring network connectivity and internet access to staff and students at the campus of Santa Rosa Junior College in 1994. In 2011, Sonic.net and Google were force by the United States government to turn over email addresses of people who had corresponded with Wikileaks volunteer and Tor developer.
Major Service by Sonic.net Internet Broadband Provider
* AT&T DSL – ADSL service delivered over an AT&T voice line.
* FlexLink – midband Ethernet service offering symmetric speeds from 1.5Mbit/s to 100Mbit/s
* DirecTV – bundled television services offered with broadband at a discount
* Fusion – combined voice and data service offering up to 20Mbit/s per line, with unlimited nationwide land line voice
* Hosting – website hosting services
* Colocation – datacenter colocation in Santa Rosa, CA
You May Also Like
Incoming search terms:
- the largest provider of fiber optic internet access (based on coverage area) in the United States  (3)
- best broadband provider (1)
- content (1)
- top 10 network providers in the united states (1)
- youtube video downloader app (1)